Outlook PST file can be a file that holds all of the valuables in your outlook profile. This file is stored for the system hard disk drive where other files are stored like word files, text files, documents, excel sheets, etc. You will have different .pst files for every profile on your own system MS Outlook. These files are classified as Personal Storage Table and this PST file can easily be addressed as database on the system hard disk drive. Since it holds each of the Outlook attributes like emails, contacts, calendar events, tasks, folders, journals, etc. Since Outlook PST file resides on system hard drive your data from that can be lost.
The information of your respective Outlook profile might be stored for the system hard drive and therefore it can be probably lost. The most frequent cause for losing PST file data is PST file corruption. Here are different causes that lead to PST file corruption, they’re:
- Improper installation of MS Outlook – If the installation of Outlook application isn’t complete then you might face PST file corruption and loss of data.
- Oversized PST – PST file of each and every Outlook version will likely be having certain limit in storage capacity. If the limit exceeds then your file goes corrupt because of oversize.
- Migration of Outlook – Whenever you prefer to affect the Outlook version from current anyone to another version then uninstall and install operations has to be conducted. If any error occurs along the way then complete PST file could get corrupt.
- Virus attack – Virus attack to the system hard disk will even cause PST file corruption because file is stored in exactly the same hard disk. Thus you may lose all data.
- PST file Header corruption – Header file is an essential section of outlook PST files. It includes each of the metadata of the PST file. So, if your Header file is corrupt then you definitely cannot connect to the PST file content.
So, if you face corruption of PST file usually you try to fix the file using scanpst.exe repair tool which will come inbuilt. The repair tool scans for all the damaged items in the PST file and restores them so that you can connect to the data again. This scanpst comprises of numerous sub files that supports in repairing the PST files. When there is in-built utility to repair and restore corrupt PST files, exactly what is the requirement of third party repair utility? As stated the in-built tool consists of different files like OLMAPI32.dll, scnpst32.dll, etc. And when any damage or corruption occurs to the sub files the tool doesn’t repair the PST file and gives error messages. So there comes the necessity to use third party utility to repair PST after scanpst error. The many errors that could be encountered when scanpst.exe tool ceases to repair the file are here.
- System performance may collapse.
- Error messages may frequently encounter asking to uninstall or re-install the Outlook application.
- Frequent Outlook crashes.
So, the repair software can be simply utilized when scanpst cannot repair PST file. You can look at this since the best Outlook file repair software, it might repair a lot of the PST files that scanpst.exe fails. The application may be used to fix any files from the Outlook versions 2007, 2003 and 2010. The software can be employed on different Windows versions like Windows 7, XP and Vista. Here it is possible to download the program to make a trial. Later if you prefer the program you can purchase it.